Jul 19, 2015

Guest Post : The Cinderella Book Tag (SBPT #3)


Hey guys! 

The blogger I am featuring today for the Summer Blogger Promo Tour is Aila from One Way or an Author
Say hi to Aila, everyone!:)

Aila is going to take the Cinderella Book Tag as her guest post, and here are her answers!:)

Evil Stepsisters:
 A Book With Characters You Hate

This is definitely an unpopular opinion, but I really didn't enjoy Elias and Laia from An Ember In The Ashes. Also, that love square didn't make it any better. Elias wasn't as intense as I would have liked and Laia was pretty meek overall. I'll still read the sequel of course, just to see how the story ends. 


Prince Charming:
 A Book With A Gentleman

Prince Titus from The Burning Sky is certainly a charming gentleman. He's sweet and his relationship with Iolanthe = goals. Can I have a devoted, caring prince please?


Cinderella: 
A Character That Is Graceful, Kind, and Defiant

This describes Elisa from The Girl of Fire and Thorns - plus, she always has a plan! This queen is elegant but kickass at the same time. Her character is one of my all-time favorites in YA fantasy. 


Fairy Godmother: 
A Character That Aways Has Someone Looking Out For Them

I would have to say Meira from Snow Like Ashes has a fairy godmother: Sir, or William, or basically her father-figure. Throughout the book, you could really see how much he cares for her, even if he's hesitant in showing his affection. 


Helpful Creatures:
 Something That Makes You Happy When You're Sad

Rereading standalone books. Series always take too much time, but I'm always up for a second or third or even fourth go at a book whose story begins and ends in about 300-400 pages. It's the perfect amount to get immersed in a book and forget the bad news in a day. Recently I enjoyed my second round with Rook, which actually got me out of a reading slump.


Pumpkin:
 A Character With A Transformation

Adelina from The Young Elites REALLY underwent a transformation in the book... A hardcore one, at that! I can't wait to see more badassery in the next book, especially after what Rafael did and what happened with Enzo...

Ashes: 
A Book You Didn't Care For

Everyone really liked Daughter of Smoke and Bone, but I never saw the appeal in it. It was alright, but nothing squeal-worthy for me. 

Impossible: 
A Book With An Ending You Didn't See Coming

I'd say the ending of Champion was a surprise I didn't see coming, nor liked very much. It was alright, but overall left me really unsatisfied. Scratch that - open endings in general are always leave me like, "Whaaaaaat?" :0

Just Breathe: 
Something That Inspires You To Be Courageous

Whenever characters do something stupid but is successful at the same time. I remember while reading A Court of Thorns and Ashes, I summed up Feyre's character to be like:
Every other character: Feyre don't do the thing.
Feyre: *does the thing* 
And at the time, they were pretty dumb decisions but overall had a positive effect. Hey, if she could do that, what's stopping me?

Happily Ever After: 
A Book With A Perfect Ending

Undivided, the last book in the Unwind Series, had me tearing at how happy I was with the ending. Given my rather bad experience with dystopian endings (*cough* Mockingjay, Allegiant, Champion *cough*), let's just say Shusterman gave me a pleasant surprise. 

Hope you guys enjoyed the answers, and hope you enjoyed doing the tag Aila!:)


No comments:

Post a Comment