Jul 5, 2015

Guest Post : YA Across the World ( SBPT #1)



Hi guys!

Most probably you all would've heard about the Summer Blogger Promo Tour by now, thanks to the recent twitter chat, and the banner designing a lot of blog's sidebars lately!:)

But in case, you didn't know, SBPT is an event hosted by the girls at The Book Bratz, and it's a great attempt to promote book blogs and the lovely bloggers behind them! You can find more info and the bloggers participating here

So throughout the summer, on Sundays, a different blogger and their blog will be featured here at Chasing Faerytales, and likewise, my blog and I would be featured on another amazing blog on every Sundays as well!

Having said all of that, now let's move on to today's post!

The first blogger I am featuring for the tour is Mimi @ M & Em Read
Say hi to Mimi everyone!:)

While chatting with her about the tour, I came to know that she's a huge traveller! As a huge fan of travelling myself, I was totally fascinated with her travel stories, and immediately got the idea for her post!

As Mimi has visited a lot of countries and has first hand experiences with them, and also loves books, today she's going to talk about the places she has visited, along with books set in said places!

YA Across the World - Mimi



The first country I visited was Spain. I went with my whole family so there were about 12 of us. I was 7 years old at the time so I don’t remember much but I do remember getting a Mickey Mouse ring which I still have.

About 10 years later I went to Japan and South Korea for a Funeral burial. It was for a sad occasion but I had a great time rejoicing with lost family. I have relatives who live in Korea and by visiting them for the first time I was able to see where and how they lived.

Japan: Ink, Rain, Storm, Girl from the Well, The Suffering

Korea: Hello, I Love You; Guilded




About 3 years later I went to Cancun, Mexico for a leisurely vacation. The day included going to the Spa and playing volleyball on the beach with unlimited amounts of Zamikaze and Mint Mohitos.


2 years later I taught English to Primary School teachers in Tianjin, China and stayed at Tianjin Normal University. This was an amazing experience, I met so many people who I still contact today. We send each other care packages and stay in touch through social media platforms.




The Walled City; Wolf by Wolf; Soundless by Richelle Mead, The Secrets of the Terra-cotta Warriors, Cinder,


3 years after, I went to visit my sister who was studying abroad in Luxembourg. I went to Switzerland, Luxembourg, France, Italy and Germany.

France: Anna and the French Kiss, Rook, 13 Little Blue Envelopes; Sucks to be Moi;The Conspiracy of Us, Amy Plum’s Until I Die trilogy, Belle Epoque, Faces of the Dead


Germany: The Book Thief, The Prisoner of Night and Fog

Italy: Love, Lucy; Kissing in Italian 



I’ve been to Canada a few times. The most recent trip was in 2013 during my Fall break in my Senior year of college. I went with my girlfriends who were studying abroad from Heidelberg Germany. We went to Toronto and had a picnic on the bay, it was a beautiful day.

A Book of Spirit and Thieves by Morgan Rhodes

The Rising Trilogy by Kelley Armstrong

The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe



Thanks for sharing that Mimi! I am quite fascinated and a bit jealous of all your travels!:)

Since we're talking about travelling, what are the countries have you guys travelled to? Have you read any books set in said countries?





No comments:

Post a Comment