Sep 27, 2015

Fairytales Report #2


Hey guys!

How's everyone? Can you believe that we are actually nearing the end of September! I feel like the month just started!

Let's take a look at what we and the book community were up to these past two weeks!


WHAT WE READ


Mishma

I didn't get much reading done. It sucks! I buddy read The Diviners with Cait, Amanda and Charnell and did a bit of speed reading since I started late. But otherwise I've been moving so slow with my reads. I've been reading Six of Crows for 4 days now, and despite it being an engaging book, I can't seem to find the time to read!

Books Read

Legend by Marie Lu
The Diviners by Libba Bray

Currently Reading

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Jillian

I finally managed to read a YA novel over the past few weeks, despite this mental burden called "stress" instigated by this institution called "school." Haha. And I loved the book so much that I recently posted a review at the blog. (It's Since You've Been Gone!) It was such an enjoyable read!

Books Read
Breaking the Silence by Maria J. Nieto
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson

Currently Reading
This Ordinary Life by Jennifer Walkup

WHAT WE POSTED


The Reviews

Undaunted by Ronnie Douglas
Dreamland by Robert L.Anderson
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E.Schwab

Others

( US and INTL)

AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE


I listed the pros and cons of book adapted TV Shows (Over at APCB)
Claudia discusses villains
Chiara lists her Throne of Glass ships
The girls at Deadly Darlings share 30 truths about themselves
Shannon discusses how hard it is to say no
Jillian tells us what she thinks about controversial topics
Kayla lists her favourite bromances
Faye describes the struggles of writing a positive review
Melanie talks popularity
Ranu discusses about writing reviews
Claire shares her thoughts on the Allegiant movie
Shay talks about book trailers
Inge shares a hilarious post about The Sims

BOOKISH AND BLOGGING COMMUNITY NEWS


Mishma

1. Nori's #BBCreativityProject is going to be live in October! In case you missed it, Nori came up with this project in August, where she grouped up the participants into 13 groups, and instructed us to come up with our own feature. All 13 groups are now prepared with their respective features!

I myself belong to the Lilac group, and I have the best teammates ever!:) We have come up with a blogging bucket list, which was compiled, selected and voted by our team members. We are planning to complete everything in our bucket list by the end of October, while keeping it as fun and stress free as possible!

Our feature's going to be called, "When We Aren't Lazy" and here's our bucket list!


( Credit goes to Claudia)
  1. Cross Post all reviews - I am so bad at this! So I am going to concentrate on GR, Amazon and if it's an ARC, EW and NG.
  2. Get ahead on posts - I want to get at least one month ahead on all posts. November is going to be a busy month, so I have to work hard in October.
  3. Blog hop weekly - I am planning to make Saturday my blog hopping day.
  4. Use more photography in posts - I am going to make it a habit to make all my blog images, photos that I took, with the exception of gifs.
  5. ALWAYS double-check and triple-check posts for spelling, grammar, etc - I suck at this. I always find little typos here and there in my published posts, so I am going to pay more attention here.
  6. Make a dent in my Netgalley pile - While others are trying to bring up their ratio, I just want to finish off all the e-ARCs. My NG ratio is beyond repair, that I've actually given up improving it!
  7. Make new friends & interact more with other blogs - I need to find more blogs since I cleared up my bloglovin feed recently.
  8. Engage more in twitter - This is going to be a true challenge, because I have very limited time to be online hereafter. 
  9. Reply and comment back on all the comments without fail - I really need to work on this. I'll try to do this weekly, but we'll see.
  10. Try to manage time between blogging, reading, school and life efficiently - This one was made for me. Period :D
  11. Host at least one guest writer on the blog - I don't have any specific plan for this, tbh. But I might do it since I had so much fun with guest posts during LITHW!
  12. Try out more bookish challenges - I really don't have enough time for this, but what I am going to do is catch up with all the tag posts and instagram tags.
Oh, and before I forget, here are the rest of my teammates! 

Claudia | Rhea | Nori | Sam | Fatima | Wren | Leigh | Pam | Emily

2. The search for the ARC of Scarlet by A.C.Gaughen is taking over the #booksfortrade hashtag! Gail  is willing to offer some rare old ARCs ( The DUFF, Bloodlines series, Beautiful Creatures etc.) in exchange for the copy! Everyone is now in a frantic search for Scarlet now, including yours truly, because Gail promised me some V.E.Schwab ARCs if I helped her find a copy, and we all know how desperate I am for them!:)

3. Six of Crows is releasing next Tuesday! I am currently reading this book, and guys, THIS BOOK IS GLORIOUS!!! I can't wait for you guys to meet the crew, fall in love with Kaz and drown in the feels that Mathias and Nina will give you!

Jillian

01. The "Potter It Forward" social media movement. THIS IS SO INSPIRING. As part of a new campaign called Potter It Forward, readers are leaving behind messages in all Harry Potter books in bookstores and libraries to inform new HP lovers of how the books have inspired them. The notes are so beautiful. You may read about it HERE.

02. Adult coloring books are a thing now. I don't know about you guys, but they are so highly popular here in Manila. And I tend to love these coloring books because they're so cute! I bought an adult coloring book a few weeks ago after heading to the gym. What a beautiful invention. They are also climbing the bestseller list now. Read about it HERE.

03. "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child" is in two parts. Apparently, J.K. Rowling is releasing a new thing called Cursed Child? I might not have known about this?? And the movie will be in two parts??? My life is unupdated. You can read about it HERE. (Fun fact: Eddie Redmayne will be Newt Scamander in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. I LOVE HIM.)


TWEETS OF THE WEEK









PERSONALLY, OUR WEEK...


Mishma

1. I turned 17!!!! I had the best birthday ever this year! My new classmates are really awesome and welcoming, and despite the fact that I've only known them for two months, they made sure that my birthday was a day to remember! Plus, the book community showered me with wishes, that I was quite stoked with all your love! THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!! You guys made my day!

And to top it all off, VICTORIA SCHWAB WISHED ME!!!! You guys know that she's my favourite author, so I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this!

FLAILS! DIES!!!!

And that's not it! My cousins had a surprise birthday party for me at home! I was stoked, and the best part of it all is the cake my cousin made for me!!!


Gorgeous, isn't it?:) It was also super delicious!:)

I also got a lot of presents! My dad gave me $700 since I am saving up for BEA and my parents got me clothes, but no books since I am in a book buying ban right now :D My best friend got me this wonderful book of folktales of other countries since I was looking for some for my WIP!


This is huge since she's the kind of person who doesn't even step into a bookstore voluntarily!

Plus, my darling blogger buddy Ruzi, sent me some cute stuff on my birthday! Thanks love! :D


Basically I had the best birthday ever, and thanks to all of you who made my day awesome!

2. I got an internship!!! I got a 3 month internship at a local radio station under the PR and Brand Management section and I am super excited!!! I start on the 2nd of October, and I'll keep you guys updated on my adventures!

3. I am drowned in research for my WIP. I actually think I research more than I write. The thing is, since my book is an urban fantasy and I am also basing it on Indian mythology during the time of the Aryan invasion, it's proving to be super hard for me to connect the dots. Plus, I am a bit stuck on the history research. I am currently looking for someone from Pakistan who can give me some insight. You guys know someone who can help me?

4. I am going to India in November! I am so excited as the last time I went there I was 13! I have a cousin in Chennai, (the south of India) and I am going to visit her as well as get some stuff done. First of all, I need to find some more books on mythology, and I am also helping out my blogger buddy Xander with finding the Harry Potter translations in Indian languages, so I have to go in search for them too. Oh and do I have any readers from India? I'd love to meet you guys too!!!

Jillian

01. Class overnight. I'll be away on Thursday and Friday because I'm taking part in a mandatory class overnight trip somewhere south of Manila. Two hours away from home, to be exact. This would be my 5th overnight, and while I'm excited for it, I hate how it's so far from home. I get homesick easily. ^_^"

02. Senior high school entrance exam next Saturday. It's finally here! I'm so nervous. While majority of my friends and classmates are taking up senior high in my current high school, I plan to pursue Grades 11 and 12 in a university with my brother. This is nerve-wracking because the test is 5 hours long! Wish me luck!

03. New books. I bought The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins and Wuthering Heights by Charlotte Bronte yesterday. I can't wait to start reading them, even if I have 7 other books I still need to read.

04. Birthday is coming. October is so close, and that means my cake day is here! Two weeks from now, I'll be 15 years old.



2 comments:

  1. I got my copy of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child book today.
    I ordered it from Amazon and they delivered it in just 2 days!
    Here's the link:
    Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts 1 & 2, Special Rehearsal Edition Script

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend reading the book The Girl on the Train: A Novel.
    I just finished reading it today, and my conclusion is that its a really good book to read.

    I brought mine off Amazon and I got it in only two days.
    Here's the link for the book on Amazon:
    The Girl on the Train: A Novel

    ReplyDelete