Oct 25, 2015

Faerytales Report #4


Hey guys! It's time for another edition of Faerytales Report! I am still in disbelief over the fact that Halloween is in a few days and Christmas is exactly two months away!!!! Time is certainly flying isn't it?

So, let's take a look at what both Jillian and I were up to these past two weeks!


WHAT WE READ


Mishma

I am getting better at my reading, I guess. These past two weeks I didn't read much, but yesterday, for some reason, I had enough energy to finish three books in one day! I hope I'll keep this up though!

Books Read

Half Bad by Sally Green
A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis
The Spanish Groom by Lynne Graham
To Seduce a Sinner by Elizabeth Hoyt
To Beguile a Beast by Elizabeth Hoyt
Once and Always by Judith McNaught
My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

Currently Reading

Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard

Jillian

*pretends not to be intimidated by Mishma's amazing pile of read books* Because I had to take my mid-quarters and transfer tasks at school, I barely read books once again. But I did manage to finish just one, which I'll be reviewing here at the blog this coming week. (It was a great book!)

Books Read
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Currently Reading
Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen


WHAT WE POSTED


The Reviews

Half Bad by Sally Green

The Discussions

Others

I did the #WritersLife Tag

AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE

BOOKISH AND BLOGGING COMMUNITY NEWS


Mishma

1. My post on the "Great Blogging Depression" broke the internet! Well, not exactly, but let a girl brag a bit okay?:) I honestly didn't think that the post might get this much of positive response, and it amuses me to think that I actually hesitated to publish it for some reason. It was incredible to see how many people agreed with my points and related to it, and I had so many thought provoking conversations in twitter regarding the concept. It even led to an impromptu twitter chat, thanks to Emily and April's idea, and the #bookbloggerchat ended up as a huge success and you can check out its recap here

2. J.K.Rowling is writing a play which is apparently Deathly Hallows' sequel and revolves around Albus Potter. I honestly don't know what to think about this. I mean, I love Harry Potter, and even after all these years, I have a fierce love for the series and for the fandom. But a sequel after so many years???? I mean, can't authors leave perfect endings alone? Is this a new trend or something?

3. Victoria Schwab's This Savage Song's cover was revealed! AND IT'S THE MOST GORGEOUS THING EVER!!!!


I love everything about the cover! That minimal yet elegant font! That dark alley! The background which reminds me of The Dark Knight for some reason. THAT VIOLIN!!! THE TAGLINEEEE!!!! AND OF COURSE ALL THAT RED!!! I love how most of Victoria's books have red covers. They make my "Schwab shrine" look so co ordinated and pretty!


Jillian

1. #BBCreativityProject has finally launched! While I'm honestly not part of the project (although I wanted to, but had only found out about it once sign-ups were done), I am so excited to finally see what people have been planning about this project. Nori from ReadWriteLove, who is so amazing, is the host of this event! I literally can't wait for what posts the teams have for this one!

2. "Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children" is becoming a movie! I know this is really old news, but I've heard they finally started filming the movie! I have, of course, read this book and found it averagely alright, but knowing that this is going to be adapted into a film makes me really curious about how good the movie would be.

The movie would be released next year, 2016. Any of you who wish to watch it upon release?

TWEETS OF THE WORK




— aSHAYlum (@TheStoryGoes_) October 24, 2015







PERSONALLY, OUR WEEK...


Mishma

1. I am drowning in work these days. I am so busy nowadays and it's not even a joke. I come home after 6 from school most days and all I want to do is go to sleep. But at least, everything I do is fun. I am loving the internship, and the people I work with are super awesome as well! Plus, there was a play in school for which I had to help out and it was a great experience as well. So the whole thing is a fifty fifty, I guess.

2. I might take a hiatus in November. Next month will be really busy and if I don't take a bit of a break from blogging, I'll probably won't be able to even breathe. I will be around for sure, but I thought a break will do me good at this time.

Jillian

1. I survived hell week. Last week was one of the most stressful weeks I ever had to face! I lost huge amounts of sleep and began to stress-eat almost the entire day, which I feel immensely guilty about. Last night, I was so tired that I slept at 9 PM, but then I set my alarm to wake me up at 1 AM just so I could finish my homework before school. You have no idea how beyond grateful I am to have managed to finish everything!

2. I bought (and borrowed) new books! I visited the library at school and managed to borrow Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen! I am so excited about it, and so far it's a really great book! Moreover, I went to the local bookstore earlier and bought 5 new books, which is a great way for me to celebrate after hell week was over.

3. Sembreak is coming! This means I have a mini vacation starting this Wednesday! Which also means: NO SCHOOL. Can't wait to be around the blogosphere more often now and get to read more books at home!

How did your week go?

No comments:

Post a Comment