Oct 11, 2015

Fairytales Report #3


It's a beautiful weekend, bookworms! I can't be anymore grateful that the long, exhausting week has been finished at last. I'm just so happy to be here at home where I should be, and I'm really hoping all of you had spent your weekend well.

For the past few days, here is what happened to us:

WHAT WE READ


Mishma

I think I did a bit okay with this week considering the fact that I practically didn't have any time to read. I finished two books, and am reading two - and surprisingly I am struggling with Illuminae. I don't want to DNF it, because everyone says it awesome and gets better after some time but I don't know whether I can make it. *sighs* We'll see.

Books Read

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
Faking Normal by Courtney C.Stevens

Currently Reading

A Madness So Discreet
Illuminae

Jillian

This week has been so exhausting! I badly wanted to read my books at home after school, but I could never concentrate because I had so many homework on the side. It bothered me how I was neglecting them unfinished. But weekend is here! I'm bound to finish something at least.

Books Read
This Ordinary Life by Jennifer Walkup

Currently Reading
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin


WHAT WE POSTED


Reviews

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
A Step Toward Falling by Cammie McGovern

Discussions


Around the Blogosphere


Emily discusses what makes a 5-star book
Grace talks about book covers going Hollywood
Val discusses about the fine line in Twitter chats

Bookish and Blogging Community News


Mishma

1. VICIOUS IS GETTING A SEQUEL!!!! Victoria Schwab practically gave me a heart attack with this news. You guys know how much I love Vicious, so of course I am excited for a sequel! Though, initially, I didn't want a sequel, because to me, the ending was perfect. And there's more! Victoria has signed 4 more book deals with Tor! And when they come out, I am going to read them all and urge you all my readers to go buy yourselves a copy because VICTORIA IS THE BEST AUTHOR WITHOUT A DOUBT!!!


2. NYCC is happening this weekend! And authors and pubs are killing me with all the swag and signed goodies! *go sobs in a corner*


Jillian

1. Bookish Serendipity has a new Etsy shop! Jessica from Bookish Serendipity recently launched her Etsy shop a few weeks ago. And it amazes me how she's only 14 and can actually manage an Etsy shop on her own (??!) Check out her lovely bookish products and consider purchasing some of them!

2. Alicia also launched her new online craft shop! If you haven't known, Alicia from Awesome Book Assessment has been one of my first blog buddies ever. (We are really close blog buddies. I mean, we have access to each others' blogs but we don't post in them, haha.) She was my pen pal last year, and we used to e-mail each other to talk about bookish stuff. For years, she has been doing crafts using polymer clay and she also manages an editing service at her book blog.

Now, recently, Ali has opened her new craft shop called Alicia Craft, and I honestly can't be any more proud of her for this! Her products are so adorable and amazing! Go ahead and check out her shop! (And great job, Ali! SO PROUD.)

Alicia Craft
Alicia Craft

Tweets of the Week










Personally, our week...


Mishma

1. School is consuming my life. And to top it off, there'll be prefect selections for next year by the end of this month, and I am in doubts whether to apply or not. I don't know whether I can handle any more responsibility and workload than the amount I already have on my plate!

2. I am compiling a post on blogging advice targeted to INTL bloggers. Since I've received a lot of DMs and a couple of emails about this, I am planning to write a post. I am mostly focusing on ARCs and I am doing a lot of experimenting for this. I am sending out trial emails, trying out every single way possible, and making a list of pubs who send ARCs to INTL bloggers. If you any pubs who do, please let me know in the comments, it will be a huge help!

Jillian

1. I celebrated my 15th birthday. It happened last Friday! It wasn't an ideal kind of birthday like I had always wanted, but I got to spend so much time with my family and friends, and to me it made my day! :-) My friends gave me lovely gifts, and my family and I ate out in a hotel buffet for dinner. It was really good! Massive thanks to those who greeted me in Twitter and at the blog!

2. I hung out with friends last night. It was my friend's birthday this time, and we all ate out at TGI Friday's, Starbucks, and Baskin Robbins. I had a great time because it's been a while since I've seen him and his friends, so seeing them after so long was really great!

3. Mid-quarters are on the way. My mid-quarters have officially started last Friday -- awful luck for me because it began on my birthday. Much studying to do over the weekend and I still have tons of projects to complete for the week. I can do this, though!!! :-)


How did your week go?

No comments:

Post a Comment