Nov 8, 2015

Faerytales Report #5


It's another week, bookworms! This is Jillian! How has your week been lately? For the past two weeks, a lot of new stuff happened to both Mishma and I. Here are some of the new and amazing things that happened so far!

WHAT WE READ


Mishma

I didn't have a great reading week this time. The first week, I read two books - which were amazing!!!-then I went to India during the latter one. That means no reading time for Mishma :(

Books Read

Dangerous Girls by Abigail Hass
Made You Up by Francesca Zappia

Jillian

So far, I'm reading really great books, and it makes me feel immensely happy that nothing I've read recently has gotten me disappointed. It has been a great reading week, despite school happening!

Books Read
Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen
Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas

Currently Reading
What You Left Behind by Jessica Verdi


WHAT WE POSTED


Reviews

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Guest Posts


Others



AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE


Amber shares a guest post at her blog about alcohol, suicide, and depression
Vlora explains why she doesn't review ARCs
Val invites you to write a guest post or review at her blog about WWII
Rachel connects food with books
Grace talks about her personal bad habits
Shay sorts her characters into their Hogwarts Houses
Jeann shares why she reads contemporaries
Emily asks what made you a bookworm
Sara gets her little brother to review some YA books
Alyssa asks us how many retellings are too much
Jillian explains why she stopped caring about ARCs
Cait shares how it feels to be a fast reader
Emily talks about her first book slumps

BOOKISH AND BLOGGING COMMUNITY NEWS


Mishma

1. The sequel of Six of Crows has a name! It's called Crooked Kingdom! It was revealed along this terrific video!
2. Okay I lied. I don't have a second fact :D

Jillian

1. Winter will be released in a matter of days! ARE YOU ALL EXCITED? Because I am! Marissa Meyer is finally going to release the final installment of The Lunar Chronicles in November 10, and I honestly can't wait.

Look how gorgeous the book is! It makes me want to grab it from the screen. *grabby hands*

2. It's the annual Goodreads Choice Awards! I'm kind of late because I only noticed it yesterday, but Goodreads is holding up votes for your favorite books in specific categories. You can now vote for your favorite stories and debuts! 

TWEETS OF THE WEEK



PERSONALLY, OUR WEEK...


Mishma

1. I went to India! Actually I am writing this from Chennai, India, and by the time you're reading this I would be back home. The trip was super fun! I really enjoyed spending with my cousin there, while my mum had the time of her life and went on a crazy shopping spree! It was such a happening week, I was constantly going somewhere, my nights were sleepless and I can't wait to be back here again!

Oh and the most exciting thing!!! I met up with Fahima and Pooja - two lovely Indian bloggers - and I had a fabulous time with both of them! We chatted over coffee about books, blogging and kinds of random stuff!

2. I have to face reality again. I have exams in exactly 10 days, and I practically haven't studied anything! And no, I am not exaggerating. I am so stressed, and nervous, and looks like I have to do some all night cramming.

Jillian

1. I had a short vacation last weekend. My family and I stayed in our favorite country club an hour away from home, and we stayed in a log cabin for 3 days. It was such a fun time staying there because it was really cold and windy at night, and it made me forget all the stress I had from school!

2. Quarterly exams are coming again! I'm almost finished with the second quarter of the school year, so exams are coming this Wednesday. And this means I'm already more than halfway through the school year. I honestly can't even believe it! But I'm more than happy I got this far and was able to maintain my grades despite all the stress and poor time management. 

I won't be disappearing at all; in fact, I might be popping up more often in the blogosphere, reading more books and novels since I have another short vacation coming up in two weeks! Great way to end exam week!

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment