Nov 26, 2015

I am thankful for.....

Hey guys!

It feels so good to talk to you all after almost a month! I missed everyone terribly!

Now, I am still technically on a hiatus. I won't be officially back until it's December. But I wanted to break my hiatus a bit for this post, as today's Thanksgiving, and I wanted to say a few thank you's.

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here in my country, but I've always been fascinated by the holiday - I think it's beautiful! And inspired by the holiday, and Cait's recent TTT post , I wanted to say thank you to some people and things that has made my life special.

Oh and by the way, HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!


I am thankful for my parents.

I am thankful that they gave me life, brought me up with a lot of freedom and support. They had - and always will have - my back, whenever I wanted to give up. They encourage me to no end, motivate me with all their heart and support my passions fiercely, even when it's hard for them to come to terms with some of the things I do and believe in.

I thank my dad for being proud of me. For encouraging me in every single thing I do, even though most of the time, he can't even understand what I am doing. For making sure that I get to experience everything that he didn't and couldn't experience , when he was young. For teaching me to be compassionate, kind, friendly and most of all, for teaching me to be open minded and not to judge anyone, as he, as a poor kid from the slums knew how horrible it feels to be judged.

I thank my mum for being my backbone. I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have her. She was there whenever I needed her - even when I said that I didn't. I thank her for not giving up on me, even when I put her through hell when I went through a horrible period of depression. I thank her for teaching me values, for encouraging all my passions, and cheering for my dreams.

I love you both and I can't justify my gratitude for you through words.

I am thankful for my new classmates

You guys are awesome! When I started Advanced Levels in May, I didn't know that I'll meet a bunch of crazy, fun and amazing girls in the form of classmates. While I've always felt like a misfit in school for these past 11 years, in a few months - who am I kidding, it only took about two weeks - I started to feel like I belong. They made me feel special, like I am an "unique, cool, fascinating and amazing person", which I have never heard my former classmates say to me. I can talk about my blog, my love for books, my crazy obsessions with fandoms, villains, old movies and ramble all day without them thinking I am crazy or weird. I feel like after 16 years, I've finally found a group of IRL people I actually belong with.

Love you guys and thank you sooooooo much!

I am thankful for books

Books have never just been a past time for me. They've educated me, enlightened me, entertained me. They've made me laugh, cry, think and reflect. They've opened my mind, taught me life lessons and given me aspirations. They've inspired me and more than anything, given me a reason to live. When I was a lonely, depressed, misfit who just want to cry and die, books were my lifesaver. They took me for adventures, showed me new worlds and introduced me to a lot of fictional friends. I'll be eternally grateful for books all my life, and from the bottom of my heart, I want to say thank you to all the books I've read so far.

I am thankful for authors

They say that a pen is mightier than the sword, and it is 100% true. These amazing individuals weave stories and pen characters which change lives. You are all awesome, and thank you so much for your lovely stories and creations!

I am thankful for my bullies

Yes you read that right. I am actually thankful for my bullies. Those who made my life hell, made me want to give up, made me feel like I am worthless. Thank you so much, because you made me snap. You made me so miserable that I turned to books, and the rest is history. And most of all, thank you so much for labeling me as crazy and weird, because now I find those terms as compliments. You made sure that I realize that I am nothing like you, that I am not stereotypical or a cookie cutter character, rather that I am so much more, unique and that I had a lot of potential.

I am thankful for movies

For giving me the other passion of my life. For making me realize, that I am good at reading through the lines, which eventually made me decide that my path of education is going to be something to do with analysing and critiquing. ( Which led me to choose Literature ) Thank you Disney for giving me the fairytales I needed. Pixar - for making me cry so hard yet love all your movies fiercely. Movies like Breakfast Club - which gave me a new outlook of life. Thank you!

I am thankful for my country

I will be always happy and grateful that I was born in this beautiful, authentic and lovely country. A country which made me be proud of my ethnicity. And most of all, a place where you will, hands down, find the friendliest people of the world, where smiling to a stranger will always get you a smile back.

I am thankful for my blog

My blog gave me a platform, a chance to express myself and most of all, be myself. My blog and its audience has become a huge part of my day to day life. I don't know how long I'll be able to have the spark, but as long as I continue to blog, I'll love writing and talking here at CF to death, and will be always greatful for everything my blog has given me!

I am thankful for this wonderful community which I am a part of.

This community made me feel like I belong. I didn't need to restrict myself, and had the freedom to talk without restraint. I have made some amazing friends who are a vital part of my life despite living oceans away. A beautiful community which is full of love, kindness and loyalty, where you can discuss the most random things and share the most serious happenings of your life at the same time. Thank you my adorable pumpkins! Every single blogger or reader with whom I have conversed in twitter, through comments or via any social media! All my lovely readers here at Chasing Faerytales! I love you all dearly, and I wanted to say a huge thank you to you all from the bottom of my heart!




No comments:

Post a Comment