Dec 6, 2015

Faerytales Report #7


Still can't even process the fact that it's finally December, and Christmas is coming up in just a matter of weeks. 2016 is almost on its way -- it's frightening! Anyway, both of us have been doing a massive load of schoolwork, and it has been busy. So here's what happened for those two weeks that have passed:

WHAT WE READ


Mishma

Unfortunately, I couldn't read much these past two weeks. I've been busy with school, and I can't wait to get back in track again!

Books Read

My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga
The Italian's Revenge by Michelle Reid

Currently Reading

Splintered by A.G.Howard

Jillian

My reading and my blogging schedule gradually improved last November, and I've been reading blog posts and good books regularly again. This makes me so happy! So far, the books I've read have been nothing short of amazing.

Books Read
Legacy of Kings by Eleanor Herman
And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella
Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

Currently Reading
All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

WHAT WE POSTED


Discussions


Guest Posts

Bookworm Problems by Meleika

Others


AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE


Emily discusses that books do not consume her life
Other Emily also talks about YA without romance

BOOKISH AND BLOGGING COMMUNITY NEWS


Mishma

1. Sign ups for the #HarperSummer2016Tour are open! Hannah @ Irish Banana has opened sign ups, and you can join in here

2. Brianna and Angelina of Otakutwins Reviews are hosting a YA Book Blogger Awards! Check it out here! I am so curious to see the winners of these awards!

Jillian

1. "All The Bright Places" by Jennifer Niven is turning into a movie! I'm so left behind with this because I literally had no idea, until I began to read the book just yesterday. (This was even published since JULY?!) The movie hasn't been filmed yet, but it's set for production on Spring 2016. And Elle Fanning is going to play as Violet Markey! I have no idea who would portray Finch, but I'm hoping it's one of my favorite actors I know of!


It's completely surreal because I remember seeing All The Bright Places in NetGalley last year before it was even published, and seeing now that it would hit the big screen someday is just so exciting! I'm really going to pay to watch the movie, though.

PERSONALLY, OUR WEEK...


Mishma

1. School has been sucking my soul. Though I am done with my exams and I was given holidays this Friday, I still have so much work to do, being a Junior Prefect and a member of all possible unions in school *sighs*. We are having a carol service in school next week plus a camp next weekend. Basically school is exhausting. Period!

2. I have done well in exams - surprisingly! You guys know how terrified I was for this term as they were my first exams of Advanced Levels, but surprisingly I have done well. I managed to score an average of 84.75, so I guess the break in November has done something good after all! :)

3. It's Christmas season!!! Sadly I am broke and really behind on gifts and shopping, but I hope I'll catch up with everything soon. This time's Christmas has to be a low budget one, I guess.

Jillian

1. Lauren Gibaldi gifted me some swag! This happened two weeks ago actually. I know how simple swag is and I know some of you are probably rolling your eyes at this, but when I got the mail, it literally made my day. Because I loved Gibaldi's book, The Night We Said Yes. And seeing that she sent me a little present despite how far I am from her home (New York) made my day so much brighter! She even wrote a little note, since of course, I won this. 

Embedded image permalink

2. Stress week. Yes I did, in fact, just begin the third quarter, but my week this week was pretty awful because I wasn't feeling too happy. I'm quite a moody person, and this is such a problem. I'm hoping next week would be so much better!

3. Christmas break in two weeks. I'm ready for Christmas!

How did your week go?

No comments:

Post a Comment