Dec 15, 2015

Top ten books I read in 2015


I couldn't read a lot of books in 2015. In fact, I think this is the first time, I am failing the Goodreads challenge, ever since I joined GR in 2012. So far, I've only read  98. while my initial goal was 120.

But in defense, I was able to read a loooot of great books! In fact, I think I read more 5 star books in 2015, than I've ever did before, so I guess 2015 was a year of quality > quantity.

Here are the top ten books that I loved from the year 2015. Though I might have cheated with a few more honorary mentions as well :P

1. Vicious by V.E.Schwab

Did this surprise anyone????? :D Vicious is not only one of my favs of 2015, it has also become my all time favourite book! All about villains, super powers and the exploration of the thin line between good and bad, Vicious was marvellous, powerful and Victoria's storytelling skills are off the charts!


2. A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E.Schwab

Haha, another Schwab book, but then again, not a huge surprise! :) An enthralling story about magic, power and the darkness that surrounds one when the balance between the first two is lost, ADSOM is a gripping page turner, with all of Victoria's trademarks present.


3. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

A rich and enticing story set in the Middle East, this Arabian nights retelling was beautiful while the romance was one of my favourites of this year, without a doubt! I shipped Shazi and Khalid to death, while wanting to hug the latter tightly and never let go. 


4. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstein

A whimsical and beautiful story, Night Circus is a visual treat. The writing will sweep you off your feet, while the imagery makes you feel like you are dwelling in the fantasical circus itself. It's such a beautiful yet underrated book that I loved a lot.

5. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

This is a dream book for a character snob. 90% reason for why I loved the book was the characters. All 5 main characters were beautifully diverse, while Ronan and Adam are undeniably my favourites. I can't wait to explore more of Stiefvater's writing and vision in the sequels.


6. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Another picture perfect character snob read. While the story, the heists and all the adventure were equally enticing, the characters are what made me include this book in this list. Without a doubt, Kaz is my favourite, while I adored all of these different and intriguing characters a lot.


7. Half Bad by Sally Green

Super dark and violent for a YA, Half Bad gave me a MC I wanted to hug tightly and protect from everyone. With unique formatting - lists!!! - and ambiguous characters, this book was perfect for me! I can't wait to dive into the sequels!!


8. Made You Up by Francesca Zappia

Though I love contemporary, they often don't become my all time favourites in the end. But Made You Up was a beautiful exception. This book was utterly gorgeous, from it's cover to the last page, with two adorable MCs that I shipped and loved to death, beautiful writing and a heft load of feels, this story is truly unforgettable!


9. Legacy of Kings by Eleanor Herman

A historical YA that doesn't shy away from mature concepts, Legacy of Kings is a fantastic rendition of Alexander the Great's teenage life. With lots of scheming, betrayals, wars and magic, this book is a gripping ride, and gives you an awesome experience.


10. Damsel Distressed by Kelsey Macke

I've never seen depression and insecurity portrayed this perfectly in a book before. Damsel Distressed - a beautiful Cindrella retelling - explores insecurity, and all the negative emotions, jealousy and bitterness that comes with it. This book made me sob so hard, and every single girl, who've ever felt insecure in their life, would adore this book.


And since I couldn't stop with 10, here are a few honorable mentions.

Faking Normal by Courtney C.Stevens
Dangerous Girls by Abigail Hass
Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
Stolen by Lucy Christopher
Flawed by Kate Avelynn
Born in Sin by Kinley MacGregor
Never Seduce a Scot by Maya Banks

What were your favourite reads of 2015? Have you read any of my list? Feel free to leave a link to your TTT!


No comments:

Post a Comment