Dec 8, 2015

Top ten new-to-me authors I read for the first time in 2015


2015 will be forever known as the year I found a steady favourite author, discovered a love for historical fiction and got back in touch with my likeness for romance.
It's also the year when I finally read the books of these 10 amazing authors, whose books I took up for the first time in this year, despite having them in my TBR or received tons of recommendations for.

P.S - I am excluding debut authors.

1. Victoria Schwab

Is this a surprise???? I don't think so :D I don't know what I was doing with my life until I took up my first book by Victoria this year, and immediately fell in love with her characters, story telling and narration techniques. She has totally become my all time favourite author, and I am glad I finally took the decision to read her Vicious early this year.

2. Maggie Stiefvater

It was inevitable that I should read her books, especially when I have Cait as a friend! :D I really love her writing and characterization in Raven Boys, and I really want to read more of her books in the future.

3. Marie Lu

Despite having her Legend series in my TBR and my physical shelf, I only gave her a chance when I got interested in her Young Elites series this year, due to its featuring of an antiheroic MC - and we all know how much I love those! I ended up adoring Legend - and the main two characters, and I am really looking forward to read her Young Elites series as well.

4. Judith McNaught

This woman practically sparked my insane love for historical fiction! Her books are quick reads, her romances are beautiful yet her stories are so deep and emotional! I am on a mission right now to finish all her published books, ready to be swept up by her tortured heroes and fabulous heroines!

5. Jennifer Ashley

Another historical romance author, Jennifer Ashley became my favourite with just a single series. The stories of the Mackenzie brothers - which are impossibly swoony, intense, emotional and gorgeous - are all awesome on their own, and it's impossible not to love her romances and couples.

6. Stacey Jay

This author knows her way through fairytale retellings! I loved her Of Beast and Beauty, and I was mesmerized by her take on the fairytale, and how she twisted the roles of the titular characters. I really want to try out her other retellings as well!

7. A.G.Howard

Speaking of fairytale retellings, here's another one who offers them as twisted as possible. I went into Howard's Splintered mainly because of Cait's ravings, and I am glad I did, as the book and world building just swept me away! It's so sad that I don't own the rest of the series though, I want to know what happens next!!!

8. Huntley Fitzpatrick

She has been in my TBR for ages, yet I only took up her book this year. I really loved her cute yet deep story telling and the way she gives importance to family. She's like a mixture of Kasie West and Sarah Dessen - who are two of my favourite contemporary authors ever.

9. Courtney C.Stevens

A contemporary author who can hit the nail right on its head with regards to the concept she's trying to talk about. I adored her Faking Normal, and I think of it as a perfect representation of the sentiments of a sexual harassment victim, and I can't wait to read more of her moving stories.

10. Kristin Cashore

Another author who has been in my TBR as long as I can remember! I think she's pretty underrated, especially considering the fact she featured a terrific MC who is kick ass, doesn't need a man - or any one in that case - to survive and most of all, a story where there's no love triangle. Graceling is a feminist's dream book - trust me!

Who are the amazing authors you discovered this year? Have you read any from my list?


No comments:

Post a Comment