Jan 17, 2016

Faerytales Report #10


It's a new year with new books, and the both of us are so thrilled to be able to have new bookish opportunities for this year! Here are the things that happened to us over the past two weeks that occurred:

WHAT WE READ


Mishma

I am getting better with my reading!!! Which is a huge thing for me, considering the very little time I have for reading these days.

Books Read
Romancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia Quinn
A Whole New World by Liz Braswell
A Thousand Nights by E.K.Johnston
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen ( For an exam, but still! ;D )

Currently Reading
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo ( Reread )

Jillian

So far, I averagely enjoyed the books that I read over the past few weeks, which makes me really happy because it just makes me love books so much more.

Books Read
Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick
The Mystery of Hollow Places by Rebecca Podos

Currently Reading
Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira

WHAT WE POSTED


Reviews

Thief of Lies by Brenda Drake

Others



AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE


Claire teaches us how to use twitter cards

BOOKISH AND BLOGGING COMMUNITY NEWS


Mishma

1. This week was definitely a bad one for celebrity deaths. While Alan Rickman's death is shocking - which Jill covers below, so I am not going to dwell on that event - David Bowie's death earlier this week was horrible! Both of these men were my childhood idols, and it feels like a double blow to me to lose two of my favourite celebrities in one week.

2. The sign up for the 2016 Love-a-thon is open! I loved this event last year, and I am so excited to take part again this time! Don't forget to check it out and sign up!

3. ALA Midwinter! Though I was lamenting my fate from the other end of the world, I definitely enjoyed seeing everyone's updates and recaps! Looks like the bloggers and authors there had loads of fun! And hauled back tons of books! :D

4. The Shadowhunters TV Series premiered! I myself am not a huge fan of the books - excpet Simon and Isabelle, I love these two and ship them to death!!!! - so I am not going to bother watching the show. Are you planning to watch it? What's your opinion on the pilot?


Jillian

1. Wands up for Alan Rickman. So I was literally so upset, frustrated, and sad to hear that one of my most favorite Harry Potter actors passed away a few days ago from cancer. I'm sure you all heard of his passing, which heavily shook a lot of Potterheads out there -- myself included. It's just so hard to even accept the fact that he has gone when all my life, I grew up watching his Harry Potter films, which I've grown to love even until now. :(

His role as Severus Snape truly made him admirable! I'm so sad that this ever happened.


PERSONALLY, OUR WEEK...


Mishma

1. I was officially made a prefect in school. And to those who aren't aware of the term, think of the prefects from Harry Potter??? Schools here function the same way as Hogwarts, only a lot less cooler! ;D Anyway, being a prefect means tons of work and responsibilities, and it all started with this week itself. I had to stay in school for 12 hours every day continuously for a whole week! It's extremely tiring, but I am having loads of fun! I guess I like being busy! :)

2. I have become more organized. 2016 has been a productive year so far. I've been religiously keeping up with my bullet journal ( huge surprise since I always give up on these type of stuff in a few days ) and actually having a lot of fun with schedules, organizing and personalizing my journal. I am even planning to write a post about my organisational methods soon. Would you be interested?

3. I am working on my photography. One of my biggest resolutions for this year, and I like to think I am making some progress. I am experimenting with backdrops right now, while trying to get better at editing. Hopefully, my skills will be decent by the end of the year. I am also open to criticism of any kind - I am trying to improve, after all - so take a look at my instagram and give me some opinions? 

Jillian

1. Prom season is up! Sophomore year in my school doesn't have prom, but apparently my friend from a different school has, and he plans to invite me. Which means dancing, and food, and people, and interacting.... (Can you already see how frightening that is?) Somebody teach me how to dance because I'm going to end up embarrassing myself, ha-ha-ha. *sob*

2. I'm heading off to Scandinavia this May! And I'm so excited because this will be the third time I will be flying to Europe for vacation. I'll be visiting so many Scandinavian countries in the north, which is really so exciting. As you can see, I absolutely love traveling to Europe so much.

3. I started Bookstagram! And it's such a new and amazing way to continue sharing love for books. I barely have time to take bookish photos everyday, so most of the time, I take them when my free time is up during the day. Through this, I have developed a love for photography! I love how creative you can be, and how it helps you practice proper angles and lighting. You can check my bookstagram, by the way!


No comments:

Post a Comment