Feb 28, 2016

Fairytales Report #13


It's finally the last weekend before February ends, and I hope you're all spending your weekends well with good books to read by your side. While February was quite hectic, it sure was one heck of a month, and we're looking forward to what March could bring!

WHAT WE READ


Mishma

I sucked at reading these past two weeks. To my defense, I barely had time to do anything productive other than school related stuff. Hopefully, March is a better month reading wise for me!

Books Read

Arrows by Melissa Gorzelanczyk

Currently Reading

The Bride by Julie Garwood
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

Jillian

It wasn't a great reading month for me because I did poorly with the books I've been reading nowadays. Firstly, I DNF-ed a couple of books, and if you know me well from my blog, I absolutely hate DNF-ing books, so it's very distressing in my part. The good side goes to the fact that I DID manage to read some, and I did averagely enjoy them as well.

Books Read
The Alpha Drive by Kristen Martin
Where She Went by Gayle Forman

Currently Reading
Assassin's Heart by Sarah Ahiers

WHAT WE POSTED


Promo Posts

Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton

Discussions


Others


AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE


Rachel shares her book-hoarding journey
Amber talks about the piracy of eARCs
Grace reaches out for help with her TBR
Emily talks about reading priorities
Krystianna shares her hobbies besides reading

BOOKISH AND BLOGGING COMMUNITY NEWS


Mishma

1. A Gathering of Shadows is oit in the wild!!! Well, as do a lot of other books, but I am only flailing about my favourite author's new release! :D If you have already bought the book, and read it, let me know how you liked it!!! And if not, GO BUY THE BOOK!!!

2. Crooked Kingdom has a cover!!! And it's absolutely gorgeous! I love how it matches the previous one, and the details are so perfect! Check it out!

Jillian

1. The 2016 Love-a-thon has finally come to its close. If you've been following along closely, this year's Love-a-thon was such a huge success! I loved how participants wrote such intriguing posts in time for the event. I would like to commend Alexa, Cee, Hazel, and Mel for hosting such a great event this year!

2. Harper Lee, author of To Kill A Mockingbird, finally passed away. And I am so sad to have heard this sometime last week, especially because I read her book To Kill A Mockingbird two or three years ago, and enjoyed it! It's saddens me so much that another inspiring writer has come and gone!


PERSONALLY, OUR WEEK...


Mishma

1. Are you guys tired of my school sob stories?? Well, if you are, I am really sorry, but I have to repeat myself again, school is stressing me out. We have our sports day on the 11th of March, so practices and selections have been consuming all my hours. I am so tired both physically and emotionally.

2. I am procrastinating by watching voice auditions! When I do have time, I can't seem to concentrate, so I've started to binge watch Voice seasons, especially the auditions! They're so fun! Right now I am obsessed with Season 6 - which has to be my fav! 

3. I am experimenting with lettering! While I am not a pro, it's such a fun hobby! I am becoming addicted to fonts and typography, and I am trying out different quotes and fonts in my bullet journal and for my bookstagram photos!


Jillian

1. I'm back at Chasing Faerytales! I missed two previous Faerytales Reports now, and I do feel guilty for that. I miss interacting with all of you, reading your lovely comments, but I'm so happy to say that I'll be bouncing back with much enthusiasm this coming March, notwithstanding the workload I'd have to deal with from school. I MISSED YOU ALL. I assure you that you'll see more of me this March :-)

2. School dance! In other words, sophomore night. Yes, my fellow inquisitive bookworms, I did attend a school dance right before Valentine's Day (Feb. 13, if you're wondering); albeit the crowd and the music were very overwhelming, I had a lot of fun with my friends. Being with them definitely reassured what would've been a frightening night had it not been for their comforting presence!

3. Two months left before summer! Summer is so close within my grasp, and it's incredulous that time has flown so fast. I'm excited for another long break right ahead of me -- a 4-month summer vacation!

How did your week go?

No comments:

Post a Comment