Today, for our pride month special post, we have the author of one of the most awaited and exciting upcoming releases of 2016, a LGBT YA about royalty, magic, horses and forbidden romance - Of Fire and Stars! Let's welcome Audrey Coulthurst, and today she's being interviewed by yours truly!
- I started saving money in a change jar to buy a horse when I was six years old and finally bought my first horse—a psychotic barely-trained Morgan gelding—when I turned 11.
- I judged classic Jaguar car shows as a teenager, and at the time I was the youngest judge ever recognized by Jaguar Clubs of North America (JCNA).
- After my first year of college, I spent a summer working as a ranch hand in Montana.
- My Siamese cat and I have entire conversations that consist of us yowling at each other until my wife tells us both to shut up.
- Although I’m a writer now, my undergraduate degree is in music history, and I am a total fanatic about women composers of classical music.
- Shallow Graves by Kali Wallace (YA Horror—January 2016)
- The Abyss Surrounds Us by Emily Skrutskie (YA sci-fi—February 2016)
- Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit by Jaye Robin Brown (YA contemporary—August 2016)
- As I Descended by Robin Talley (YA Contemporary/Retelling—September 2016)
- Girl Mans Up by M-E Girard (YA Contemporary—September 2016)
Mish : What are you working on right now? Any future projects you're allowed to share?