Jul 3, 2016

An interview with Claire @ Blank Slaters || SBPT 2016


Hi guys!

It's July! That means that most of you are well into the summer season. It doesn't make a difference to me here, but I am excited about all these summer themed bookish events! I am joining in the Summer Blogger Promo Tour, hosted by the lovely Amber and Jessica from The Book Bratz

Basically the event is all about featuring a few assigned bloggers on your blog every Sunday, and today, we have Claire from Blank Slaters over here at Chasing Faerytales!

I originally know Claire from twitter, and she's one of the sweetest and most adorable bloggers I know! Today, I got a chance to interview her, so let's take a look at Claire's answers to my questions! : D



Mish : Tell me five random facts about you!

Claire : 
I have double jointed toes
I hate tea, YES EVEN BUBBLE TEA!
Every wall in my room has some sort of door or closet on it
I am a Black Belt
I've met Sam Heughan

Mish : What inspired you to become a book blogger?

Claire : I’m not one hundred percent sure what inspired me to become a book blogger. I started blogging twice, the first time I think because I saw a lot of people doing it and I wanted to try it out and it was summer and had nothing better to do. The second time I wanted to do it because I remembered the first time it didn’t work out and really wanted this second time to be better and more fun in every way, I definitely knew what I was doing the second time.


Mish : What do you love most about being a blogger?

Claire : I probably love being part of the community the most and meeting new people. Just recently I joined my first Street Team and I have been so excited to just be part of a group of such awesome people.


Mish : What are your top reads of 2016 so far?

Claire : My top reads of 2016 have been Caraval by Stephanie Garber, A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas, and My Lady Jane by Jodi Meadows, Cynthia Hand, and Brodi Ashton.


Mish : Do you have any interesting blogging habits/quirks?

Claire : Blogging habits and quirks...I would have to say I change my theme and header ALL THE TIME. When I first started blogging, which wasn’t a long time ago, I really wasn’t happy with how my blog looked. I found the header to be yucky and the theme, a huge no. But then I created a new header, the one I currently have a nice theme that I really like and I’m very happy with the way my blog looks.


Mish : What are your most anticipated upcoming releases?

Claire : My most anticipated upcoming releases are probably Empire of Storms by Sarah J Maas and Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven.


Mish : What is that book or series you’d recommend to almost everyone?

Claire : I would probably have to recommend All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. That book is one of those books that is definitely a tear jerker, but it is written really well. Jennifer really describes depression in such an amazing and realistic way that I have to applaud her for that. I highly recommend this book.


Mish : Who is your go to author?

Claire : My go to author is definitely Sarah J Maas.


Mish : Do you ever see yourself having a bookish career in the future?

Claire : I definitely see myself having a bookish career in the future. I really want to go into publishing. At some point I did want to be a writer and then I realized that though I enjoyed writing, it wasn’t my passion like books are.


Mish : Time to spread some blogger love! Who are some of your favourite bloggers?

Oooh favorite bloggers? Well Mish is definitely one of my favorite bloggers along with Em @ Piplup’s Shadowy Bookshelf, Cait @ Paper fury, Kaitlin @ Next Page Please! and Alexandra @ Literary Legionnaire.

Thanks for that wonderful interview Claire! And that last answer totally made my day!!! *squishes*

Don't forget to go check out Claire's blog! And make sure you hop off to all of the SBPT blogs today!


No comments:

Post a Comment