Jul 18, 2016

Let's sit down for a cup of coffee

Hey bookworms!

It might have come to your notice, that I am not online or active as much as I used to be, these days. It's definitely sad, and frustrating when I do come online, and feel lost and unconnected with the rest of the blogosphere. I am naturally ambitious, and have this inquisitive need in me, which makes me want to be everywhere and know everyone and everything, so the fact that my online time has now got limitations definitely sucks.

That aside, I also feel like I haven't kept up with my connection with my readers and audience. I feel like I don't blog like I did before, and that scares me, because my blog is just one and a half years old for God's sake! I can't afford to have a burn out this early!

But tbh, I'd have to admit, that more than a burn out, it's the fact that I am extremely busy in real life. I am finding it extremely hard to keep up with everything I've got on my plate, and in the end, I miss blogging and my readers so much!

So today I decided, to talk with you all. Randomly. Things that has happened with my life these days. Things I haven't shared so far. Maybe an explanation to why I have suddenly become so scarce in my online presence.

  •  I entered Grade 13. And with it comes the shocking realization that I have exactly one year left of school. It's a scary thought, and I am just determined to have the best out of my last year!
  • I got selected to be part of the Teen Council of Entangled Publishing! It's such an awesome opportunity and I can't start working with the team! Having a career in publishing is my dream, and this feels like I am one step closer to it! This is going to be epic!
  • My cousin got married. My cousin, who's 24, got married last month, and it kinda made an impact on me, since we're really close, and it feels weird now that she's married off and has a new family now. I know I am being melodramatic, but I doubt we'll be able to do all the crazy things we did before, and it makes me sad.
  • I am hell bent on working on my bookstagram. I know, I know, I always say this, but there's hardly any improvement! But I am trying! ;D I got 300 followers this month, and even though, it's a small amount for some, it's a big deal for me! I hope I'll get somewhere by the end of August! You can follow me here!
  • Starting officially from today, I am planning to work on reviving the blog. I haven't written discussion posts in ages, have lost touch with my schedule, haven't been in touch with commenting and replying to comments, and my online schedules and patterns have all got messed up! Since I am free after my exams now, and will get my holiday in August, I am planning to work on my blog like crazy in the coming weeks! 
  • I opened a society6 store! I've been experimenting with hand lettering lately, and since a lot of you guys liked it, I opened a store! After I get some more prints in, I might do an official launch with a giveaway on the blog, but until then, you can check out the store, and maybe buy something! And maybe spread the word? :P
  • Music has been my vice to deal with all the stress. I've been extremely stressed these past few weeks, and music helped me with it quite a lot! I've also been bingeing previous seasons of Voice, and my current music obsessions are Sia, Pentatonix, Christina Perri and Collabro!
  • I've been appointed as the editor in chief for my school magazine. We have an annual school magazine, which is published by the senior badge of each year. It's our year now, and I was elected to be the editor. It's a lot of work, and while I am extremely excited, it also has put quite a lot of weight on my shoulders! Fingers crossed that I can pull this off!
  • Since I am a bit of an overachiever, I am also in the head organizing committee of three other huge projects happening in school this year. I definitely need to stop being in too many things. One is a ballad which follows an Indian epic named Mahabharata, another is a talent show we're launching for the first time in our school this year and the last one is a fun carnival we're putting together. Two of them are in September, one is in October. Needless to say, it's a miracle if I even get time to breathe!
  • I got into MUN! For those who don't know, Model United Nations, is like a mock up of the UN for students, and I am taking part in Sri Lanka's MUN as a member of the International Press Corps - basically I'll be like the journalist representative of a big news channel or paper. I've always loved debates and all kinds of political stuff, so I am extremely excited and can't wait to see what MUN has in store for me!

There you go! That would be all what I was up to and which kept me busy all these time. ( And will continue to - *sighs* ) Let's hear about you guys now! Update me on everything! Tell me all random things! And did you all miss me as much as I missed you?


No comments:

Post a Comment