Aug 2, 2016

Top ten books I'd buy in a second if I was handed a fully loaded gift card


Hey bookworms!

It's been ages since I did Top Ten Tuesday! Today's prompt is top ten books I'd buy in a second if I was handed a fully loaded gift card, and since I am a broke bookworm, this list wasn't a hard one to compile!

Here are the books, I'd buy in a second if such a miracle did happen! Maybe someone can be kind enough to grant it during my birthday next month! *wink wink* :D



1. Nevernight by Jay Kristoff

I was dying to read this book in any form when I heard about it! I was doing a happy dance when I actually got an earc! But the moment I read the first chapter, I knew that I have to own the physical copy! The writing is too gorgeous and laden with literary devices for me to refrain from making annotations in the copy!

2. The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller

I LOVE renditions of historical stories and heroes. Achilles is one interesting character, and a beautiful and tragic gay love story featuring him??? Sign me up!

3. The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab

I am deeply ashamed by the fact that I still haven't read Victoria's first YA book! I need to get a copy of this book and complete my Schwab shrine!

4. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson

If there's anything I love more than fairytale retellings, it's retellings which show a new perspective of the fairytale. Tiger Lily totally looks like a book which will break my heart to pieces, and I need this book in my life.

5. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

Scorpio Races sounds all kinds of amazing. Plus it's written by Maggie Stiefvater. Need I say more?

6. The Captive Prince by C.S.Pascat

I LOVE royal romances. I ADORE gay romances. Combined??? GIVE ME THE BOOK NOW!!!!

7. The Young Elites by Marie Lu

This book is like an answer to my prayers, wanting a villain protagonist in YA. I need to meet Adelina soon!

8. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein

I love anything and everything that has to do with World War 2. And this book sounds extremely beautiful and tragic and calls my name. Very Loudly.

9. The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbourgh

Just as the title suggests, this book is about a game between love and death. I know, even before I have read this book, that I will love this to death ( pun totally intended :))

10. Vengeful by V.E.Schwab

I know I know. This book isn't released yet. For God's sake, there isn't even a release date or a cover and I don't even know if Victoria has actually finished writing it in the first place. But hey, it's the sequel of my favourite book of all time! I shouldbe allowed to add this in the list!

Have you read any of these titles? What books would you buy in a second if you were handed a fully loaded gift card?

No comments:

Post a Comment