Dec 2, 2016

A Very Bookish Christmas || Bookmarks from Skinny Hues

Hi bookworms!

Today you get to meet the first store we're highlighting during A Very Bookish Christmas! Say hi to Crini, the owner of one of my favourite Etsy stores, Skinny Hues - who makes gorgeous watercolour bookmarks that you don't want to miss!

Crini's bookmarks are not only beautiful, they are also extremely unique and minimalistic, and I just love them so much!

SH_04.jpg

Let's get to know the artist behind the store!

1.Let’s start by breaking the ice! Introduce yourself and your store, and tell us something random and interesting about you!

My name is Carina and I'm the chaotic, artsy type whose fingers are always itching to work on something creative. As an avid reader it was only natural to create something bookish one day and when many people liked my experiment to create my own watercolor bookmarks, I let myself get pushed (zero regrets from my side) into starting Skinny Hues early last year, a Germany based etsy store for handmade bookmarks.

2. What are your signature products? What sets your store apart from others?

As of now, Skinny Hues solely features hand painted watercolor bookmarks. What sets my store apart is that I'm constantly coming up with new, unique designs, having a quickly growing collecting of available bookmarks. I also use a special watercolor paper which has a great texture and is something different than your average bookmark.

3. What inspired you start a business? And why specifically (your product)?

I didn't really have the idea on my own to start Skinny Hues, but was talked into it by others. I first started making bookmarks just because I needed a new creative outlet and wanted to play around with watercolors. What started as me making gifts for friends then turned into a business after I shared what I had made on Instagram.

SH_03.jpg

4. What is your favourite thing about owning a book merchandise store?

Coming up with designs for new bookmarks is just another way to yet again think about a certain book again, make use of a favorite quote or aspect of the book for me. It's all the more exciting to see when other people like what I do, meaning we share the love for a book in yet another way.

5. What are the biggest issues you face/ or have faced?

My biggest issue is definitely time. I have so many ideas and would love to do so much more, but then always lack time.

6. What is your personal favourite product of those you’ve made?

My favorite product is always one of the latest ones I've made. I could never stick to just one. I just came up with a design for Vicious by V.E. Schwab, so that's definitely a favorite at the moment.

SH_02.jpg

7. Where do you see yourself and your store in the future? Any plans in terms of expanding, developing the products, any big dreams?

I'm super happy if I just get to keep going, like it is now. I love where it took me with Skinny Hues and I couldn't be more happy about the current situation. I definitely have more ideas and plans, some including doing more than watercolor bookmarks, but right now I'm lacking the time to go there. It's something for me to think about in 2017 though.

8. Tell our readers where they can find your store items, how they can contact you and how they can promote and share their reviews and pictures of your merch? ( hashtags, social media, any specifics regarding this )

Skinny Hues bookmarks can be bought via etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/SkinnyHues. That is also the easiest and fastest way to get into contact with me. To keep up to date and not miss new designs, it's worth following on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/skinnyhues

SH_01.jpg

That's not it! You can enter to win your choice of bookmark from Skinny Hues! Open Internationally.

No comments:

Post a Comment