Dec 21, 2016

CHASING FAERYTALES IS TWO!!!

Hello bookworms!!!

Guess what's special about today??? It's been two years since Chasing Faerytales was created! YES, MY BABY IS TWO YEARS OLD! This is so exciting, plus I am extremely sappy, so beware of all the feels below!

Image result for two years cake

My second year of blogging has been so different from my first! While there were some downs, and I hit phases where I had no inspiration, the year has given so many amazing experiences, and I met a lot of new people! 

So let's look back at the super eventful second year!

Stats time!

By the end of the second year
Posts - 273
Site visitors - 179,994
Followers ( Bloglovin') - 772

So what happened to Chasing Faerytales and me in the second year?

  1. I hosted my first ever reading challenge! I joined hands with Shelly and hosted a 2016 Reading Challenge for Diverse Books! More than the challenge, I loved the guest posts we had on the blogs, the interviews, the special Pride Month posts and the twitter chats! Check it out with the tag #DiverseReads2016, and we're doing it again this year with some improvisations, so don' forget to join in!
  2. I went to BEA! It's impossible to describe all those experiences in a few sentences, but it was amazing! I flew to the other end of the world alone, spoke in a panel, met a lot of blogger friends, made some new friends, met some of favourite authors and became known as the girl who came from Sri Lanka! ;D Check out the recaps, to know more!
  3. I hosted quite a few features. Despite lacking inspiration for post ideas, I did end up getting a lot of feature ideas! :D I hosted Nefarious Tales - a villain week - part two of Learnt it the Hard Way, a feature for book merch stores called A Very Bookish Christmas and a thanksgiving feature called The Thanks U Give
  4. I branched out more. I made  lot of new friends and contacts - bloggers, bookstagrammers, authors publishers! It was great to get to know all of them!
  5. My name was mentioned in a book's acknowledgements. I was so touched when I saw my name in the acknowledgements of Roshani Chokshi's The Star Touched Queen! 
  6. I became a contributor at B&N Teen Blog! It has been extremely fun and I love being a part of such an amazing team!
  7. I got nominated for the Epic Reads Book Shimmy Awards!!! This is super recent, and I still can't believe it! I got into the semi finals round for the Book nerd of the year category, and I'll you forever if you can vote for me! ( Last day is today!!! )

It's time to say some thank you's

I honestly couldn't go without thanking all those special people who have made my blogging life awesome! Whether I've known you for a long time, or we just met this year, thank you for being a part of my blogging life!

To my wonderful blogging friends

Jillian | Rachel  | Nori  | Cait  | Chiara  | Hazel | Jules

To my amazing BEA Squad

Shannon | Val | Holly | Rashika | Nori | CJ  

To my favourite girls on twitter


To those bloggers who's been a steady part of my blogging journey


To everyone who's guest posted here on Chasing Faerytales


To all authors who's guest posted and been interviewed

Adam Silvera | Dahlia Adler | Becky Albertalli | Julia Ember | Ashley Herring Blake | Audrey Coulthurst | Kathryn Holmes

To my amazing Lankan Book Squad

Nuzaifa | Gabby | Ruz | Dash | Ranu | Cinderzena

To those bloggers whose countries I want to catch a plane to so I can meet them


To the bloggers who has always been an inspiration and continue to be


To those amazing bookworms I finally got to see at BEA


To my friends whom I miss so much


To my favourite authors ever

Victoria Schwab | Leigh Bardugo | Marissa Meyer | Meg Cabot | Katie McGarry 

To the authors who hold a special place in my heart

Roshani Chokshi | Julie Eshbaugh | Heidi Heilig | Stephanie Garber | Eleanor Herman | Susan Dennard | Becky Albertalli | Adam Silvera | Julie Ember | Kelsey Macke

To the amazing 2017 debuts

Angie Thomas | Shaila Patel | Sandhya Menon | Mackenzie Lee | Nic Stone | Whitney Gardener | Laura Silverman | Emily R King

To my fellow Schwab fangirls


To my fav guys on twitter

Joey | Xander | Caleb | JM 

To all publishers who have sent me ARCs - physical or digital

PRH International | Harper International | Thomas Dunne | St.Martin's Press | Simon | Sky Pony Press | Abrams & Chronicle | Harper Voyager | Titan Books | Usborne UK

Here's to hoping that I haven't missed anyone.

And to celebrate my two years of blogging, I have a giveaway for you all!

It's nothing fancy, a good old TBD giveaway! Enter to win a book under $15 from TBD. INT as long they ship to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment