So what happened to Chasing Faerytales and me in the second year?
- I hosted my first ever reading challenge! I joined hands with Shelly and hosted a 2016 Reading Challenge for Diverse Books! More than the challenge, I loved the guest posts we had on the blogs, the interviews, the special Pride Month posts and the twitter chats! Check it out with the tag #DiverseReads2016, and we're doing it again this year with some improvisations, so don' forget to join in!
- I went to BEA! It's impossible to describe all those experiences in a few sentences, but it was amazing! I flew to the other end of the world alone, spoke in a panel, met a lot of blogger friends, made some new friends, met some of favourite authors and became known as the girl who came from Sri Lanka! ;D Check out the recaps, to know more!
- I hosted quite a few features. Despite lacking inspiration for post ideas, I did end up getting a lot of feature ideas! :D I hosted Nefarious Tales - a villain week - part two of Learnt it the Hard Way, a feature for book merch stores called A Very Bookish Christmas and a thanksgiving feature called The Thanks U Give
- I branched out more. I made lot of new friends and contacts - bloggers, bookstagrammers, authors publishers! It was great to get to know all of them!
- My name was mentioned in a book's acknowledgements. I was so touched when I saw my name in the acknowledgements of Roshani Chokshi's The Star Touched Queen!
- I became a contributor at B&N Teen Blog! It has been extremely fun and I love being a part of such an amazing team!
- I got nominated for the Epic Reads Book Shimmy Awards!!! This is super recent, and I still can't believe it! I got into the semi finals round for the Book nerd of the year category, and I'll you forever if you can vote for me! ( Last day is today!!! )