Jan 30, 2017

Candles from Novel Heartbeat Creations || Book Merch Monday

Hi bookworms!

Today, for Book Merch Monday, I bring to you a store that sells super cool fandom inspired candles! Bringing to you Novel Heartbeat Creations, and let me introduce me to the girl behind the store, Jessi!

IMG_2044.JPG

1.   Let’s start by breaking the ice! Introduce yourself and your store, and tell us something random and interesting about you!

Hey there! Name’s Jessi. I’m a crazy cat lady but I groom dogs for a living XD
I’m a book blogger and bookstagrammer first and foremost, but I also run a small bookish shop! I’ve been selling TBR jars, polymer clay dragons, and bookish necklaces for a while, but I recently started what I want to be my main feature: candles!

2.   What are your signature products? What sets your store apart from others?

My signature product is probably my TBR jars, but I’m hoping to make candles the main feature of my shop! My candles stand apart because of my chalkboard labels, which are unique. I also try very hard to feature mostly one-of-a-kind and unique candle scents inspired by books and movies.

3.   What inspired you start a business? And why specifically (your product)?

The dragons were an inspiration from one of my favorite authors, Julie Kagawa. I just loved the little dragons she makes and knew I had to make my own! I’ve been sculpting since March of 2014. I don’t do that as much anymore, though.

The TBR jars spawned from my love for books and reading, and my need to upgrade my old TBR jar. It was a hit on Instagram, so I decided to sell them!

IMG_2038.JPG

As for the candles, I’ve always had a major love for candles. My obsession got a little out of hand in recent months, and I realized I was spending WAY too much money on them, so I decided to start making my own. How hard can it be, right? (Boy, THAT was a wake up call!) When I started out making them I wasn’t going to sell them, but people liked them enough I thought why not!

4.   What is your favourite thing about owning a book merchandise store?

I looove getting positive feedback from people who love my products. It’s the greatest feeling in the world! I also love seeing photos of them on Instagram…it gives me warm fuzzies to see my creations out in the wild :)

5.   What are the biggest issues you face/ or have faced?

I haven’t had many issues with the TBR jars or dragons. Candles are another story, though! I’ve had a lot of obstacles to overcome and it’s been a hard journey so far. I had issues with labeling at first because I was having a hard time figuring out how to make my side labels work the way I wanted. It’s been a lot of trial and error – I’ve made my fair share of stinky candles as well as screwed up a lot of labels, and wasted a lot of time and resources in the process. It's been frustrating at times, but well worth it!

IMG_2041.JPG

6.   What is your personal favourite product of those you’ve made?

My personal favorite is my custom hashtag and blog name candles. I have so much fun making custom candles! I get to experiment with a lot different fragrance blends that I wouldn’t normally use, and I love putting people’s names on my candles and making a candle tailored just to them!

7.   Where do you see yourself and your store in the future? Any plans in terms of expanding, developing the products, any big dreams?

My big dream is probably to hit 1,000 sales. Other than that I don’t really have many goals for my shop. Stay as successful as possible, I suppose! I’m not sure I’ll ever expand. I guess it depends on how much business grows.

8.   Tell our readers where they can find your store items, how they can contact you and how they can promote and share their reviews and pictures of your merch? ( hashtags, social media, any specifics regarding this )

Shop links:

Personal links:

Giveaway



Jessi is giving away a 4 oz Butterbeer candle inspired by Harry Potter - a blend of butterscotch and rum with a little something extra to make it super delicious :)
Open INTL

No comments:

Post a Comment